Friday, March 11, 2011

Results Show

Dear Top 13,

Results night seemed to go rather quickly. The group number...okay, group number is often painful and quite amusing--especially in the beginning--because people aren't good at mouthing it. On the up side, I do enjoy listening to the voices together to kind of get my head straight about who really is good and who really isn't. And, I must say, Stefano sounded off key even when recorded, so either my ears are prejudice against him, or he is so off they can't manually tweak the pitch.

Then we have Diddy Dirty Money--is that your name now? Okay, I just did some quick "research." So last night I was kind of just shaking my head in amazement because in a world where bloggers are afraid to switch from "blogger" to "wordpress" (or vice versa) because they could lose a following, you (Sean Combs) have been known as so many names I can't keep them straight. Puff Daddy. Sean Puffy Combs. P. Diddy. Diddy. Puff. Puffy. You have so many names that if someone is referring to an artist and acting like I should know who it is and there is a "P" or a "D" in the name, I just default to you and nod like I know what is going on.

Side bar, off my side bar, did you know that "P. Diddy" went to "Diddy" because "the P. was getting between him and his fans"? I am so glad he did that because I have felt immensely closer to him ever since that annoying P. was dropped. Maybe I should drop something to get closer to people....maybe the "V"--I could go by alerie instead. That would help with children. V is a hard one for kids.

Anyway, (must note sarcasm was heavily used in above paragraph), another side bar, did you know that, um, Sean Combs was born in 1969? He is a lot older than I realized.

So, back to not the point of this post, but apparently Dirty Money is the name of a group you are currently apart of. I was thinking it was just some other name change. That's what I get for not watching "entertainment" shows at all. I sit in ignorance. Now I am glad we have that all cleared up, because one more name change would have been excessive, you know?

Back to the show.

Our bottom three end up being:

Karen, Ashthon, and Haley:

 If you remember my bottom three (which was really a bottom four), Ashton and Karen were in it, with Ashthon being my lowest.

Haley was in the middle of the pack for me. Initially, I was kind of surprised she was in the bottom, and I actually still am over Stefano, however, she probably doesn't have a solid fanbase yet since she is singing such different stuff every week. Last night, she spoke some words that lead me to believe she will be gone soon. I don't know exactly, but something about "I like to mix it up" or "I like to sing different things"--something along those lines.

Not good. Okay to sing songs from different genres if you tweak them to fit your genre, but not okay to never pick a genre. Most people have a style of music they like, and if you can't be classified, you won't last no matter how good you are in this competition. Look at Matt Giraurd. So, if Haley doesn't "pick a lane" as the judges said last night, she will be gone soon--especially with so many people who obviously fit in a genre this season.

In the end, we say good-bye to Ashthon, which I don't think was a surprise for even her.

Without seeing performances, I am thinking Karen is soon, Haley might be, and I hope Stefano is soon. We shall see what next week brings.

Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails