Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top 12 Perform--Surprising


Dear Top 12,

I was kind of surprised last night. I expected the night to be a hard call, but it was a very, very easy call.

Naima
The vocals were really suffering. I was glad Jennifer finally said something about the pitch issues--you really are better than that (I think). It was not a good night for you.





Paul
You were weak in parts and good in parts. Considering that you were sick, it was great. I am sure you would have done a lot better if you were not sick, and I like that you didn't excuse yourself for being sick.





Thia
Oh the song choice! It was not a good idea. Not at all. You sang it well, but it was nothing memorable other than feeling a bit odd watching a Disney song be sung on American Idol.





James
It was pitchy, but it was the best of the night to that point--though definitely not of the night.






Haley
Okay, I think I have decided that you are a copy-cat singer. The good thing about that is that you are a good singer vocally and that you can sing anything. The really, really bad thing about that is that no one wants to vote for the copy-cat singer. No one knows what kind of album they would get from you if they did, and even if we knew exactly what it would be, we don't need you because we can get those same songs from the original. You need to pick the genre you want to sing in and stick with it--and if you don't know, you will be going home pretty soon.

Stefano
This is definitely the best you have sounded on the show so far. There were no major pitch issues going on. This isn't to say you rocked it, just that you topped yourself.






Pia
No lie, when you started to sing, it was a shock to my ears. In a good way. It was hearing someone who really had a place in the music industry for the first time that night--a singer who could hold her own in the "real world." I didn't love the song--at all--but I loved you singing the song.



Scotty
Another great performance of the night! Really good. The girls loved it, which is always a good thing for votes. I would buy that off of iTunes.






Karen
Very weak. Very pitchy. You have a good voice, but when you put it up next to Pia, very weak.







Casey
It was good. I loved what Randy said, that you are a person who goes for "art first, then commerce." I love that about you. I don't love that song, but you are a great performer. I would love to see you sing something that showed your vocal ability next week and not just your diversity.



Lauren
Very good. I would buy that. It was amazing for the flu, too. I would buy the flu version.







Jacob
There were some pitch issues. It wasn't the worst of the night, but not the best.







Naming my top 3 and bottom 3 is easy this week:

Top Three:

  1. Scotty
  2. Lauren
  3. Pia (I put you third just because I thought the other two did great AND I liked their songs. You did great and I disliked your song--but talent-wise, this top three can be in any order
Bottom Three:
  1. Karen
  2. Naima
  3. Haley
The Rest (from best to worst)--this is definitely slanted by my personal preference for the person him/herself. They all did about the same talent wise, so song choice and my preference is all factored in:
  1. Casey
  2. Paul
  3. Stefano
  4. Thia
  5. James
  6. Jacob
I predict Karen goes home. I do think there is a chance her Spanish singing could have pulled in votes from the Latino community, and if so, then I think Haley will go home due to a dwindling fan base.


Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails