Thursday, March 31, 2011

Top 11 (Take Two)

Last night was take two of the top 11 performing.

First, I think it is a little odd they way they showcased Casey's save from last week. I don't remember them ever doing that in the past--it makes me wonder if they want Casey to go far in the competition.

But away from the weirdness and on to a different form of weirdness--Elton John! I love Elton John. Elton John has been a part of my music tastes since I was literally a baby. My parents love Elton, and therefore I do. I have been to a concert of his (most entertaining) and in my iTunes I have 9 Elton John albums. So now you know I like his music.

Scotty! Very good! It definitely sounded like a Scotty song and not an Elton John (Country Comfort is a great song, by the way, and performed well by Keith Urban). I loved the nice low note at the end of the song. Excellent move. There really is no need to judge you--it is just like hearing a country singer singing on TV. Nice job. I voted (a lot)!





Niama...oh Niama. I like the Raegae vibe for you. Good call on that. I'm Still Standing isn't necessarily a bad song to do it to--I don't think that was the issue. The issue is that it all seemed so fake and insincere. It was off-pitch at times. You talking in a fake accent was a huge turn-off. We all know you don't have a Jamaican accent--don't fake it.






Paul, it was too whispery at the beginning. Rocket man isn't a whisper song. But good overall and I voted.








Pia--great song choice! Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me is one of my favorites also. You had great attitude. I voted, and I would buy it. And hey, Celine sings mostly ballads, also, so if that is who you are, do it. I voted.








Stefano, I was sitting there listening to you sing and thought, "He just doesn't have real emotion or intensity." Then it hit me that I have complained about that each week with you. It is so emotionless that I forgot in one week that it is emotionless. It was not a good song choice. Tiny Dancer needs real emotional connection to be good.






I loved it Lauren. I will buy this--no doubt. Candle in the Wind is  a great song, and I absolutely loved your interpretation. I voted.









Okay James. Performance-wise, putting-on-a-show-wise, it was entertaining. Vocally...not good. Weak even. Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin' had potential for your. I don't know if it was the theatrics on stage and it distracted you or if this is just an Elton Song...but I think you will be fine.






Thia, I think this is the first week I could say you sounded pretty weak. Daniel is one of my all-time favorites, and it sounded like you were singing it in some high school talent show. (by the way, does anyone remember Wilson Phillips cover of this song? Or Wilson Phillips for that matter?)







Casey, you looked humbled. At times, you sounded a bit scared and humbled. It was very nice, though. It was nicely balanced with some growling but not a whole lot. I love Your Song. Great choice.








Oh Jacob. This was over-the-top dramatic for me. Seriously. I was literally squirmming in my seat. Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word is a song to be emotional about...but man. That was too much for me.








Haley, I didn't expect to like it, but I liked it! I have always loved Benny and the Jets. I am a bit reserved about you because I don't trust who you are as a singer, but you might convince me if you stay consistent.








My Top Three

  1. Lauren
  2. Pia
  3. Scotty
My Middle Pack (in this order)
  1. Casey
  2. Haley
  3. Paul
  4. James
My Bottom Four
  1. Naima
  2. Stefano
  3. Jacob
  4. Thia
My Predictions
I think Naima is gone for sure. Then I think it is a toss-up between Thia and Stefano.


Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails