Thursday, March 10, 2011

Top 13 Perform

Dear Top 13,

I have to say it was a good night. This actually did surprise me. I thought with your lack of on-air performing prior to top 13, we would have a few disastrous weeks. But really, 12 of the 13 of you did a good job, and most of you did a really good job.

Lauren
You are really good at singing country. This was not your most amazing performance, but a good performance. I enjoyed it better than the original. Of course I voted for you! But it won't be something I ever buy off of iTunes. You are definitely on my list of top five contestants overall.






Casey
How completely perfect of you to sing a Joe Cocker song! I don't think that anyone can argue against you being the best singer technically in this season. You can do amazing things that few singers are ever able to realize. You have undeniable talent. My husband is calling you the winner of the season. This is definitely possible, though I must say will be harder to pull off than it might have been in a season without two stand-out country singers. You are also in my top five best contestants overall. I voted for you. And I would definitely consider buying that performance from iTunes.

Ashthon
I am sad for you because I know you are better than that. You were completely off-pitch. The last two times you sang, you have really buckled under the pressure, which is too bad. It is moments like that I miss Simon on the show, though I mostly just wish they would bring Ben Folds to come judge American Idol because he has the ability to be honest, constructive, and nice all a the same time.



Paul
I didn't love it, Paul. You know I am a fan. You are definitely on my list for best five people this season overall (I had better count this list off; it is filling up fast). I don't think it was a great song to showcase your voice.






Pia
I would have to be an idiot to not include you in my top five best contestants overall (which, in case you are counting, is now up to four people). That. Was. Amazing. Wow. Just wow. I voted for you and I would definitely buy that from iTunes.






James
That was a really good performance and I liked it. You are not in my personal top five, but I wouldn't blame anyone who has you in theirs. I would even consider buying that from iTunes.







Haley
You did a good job. I think you sounded better than the original. There is no doubt you are talented. I think the thing that is holding me back from letting you contend for a top five spot for me is that you just aren't emotionally connected to the song. Your mind is in it more than your heart, and I can tell. The funny thing is that might not matter so much on the radio, but when you are on TV, it matters a lot.




Jacob
It is no secret you are not my favorite, but I do give you props when you deserve it. You did not deserve it last night. The melody changes didn't sit right with me. I think you were in the bottom two last night.







Thia
You really are quite good and you did sound a lot like MJ last night. And Adel--I totally agreed with Randy on that. For whatever reason, I don't have  you in my top 5, but you are my number 6. There is definitely a possibility you will swing into the five, especially if you keep vibing Adel.





Stefano
I am just not that thrilled with you. And right now, I can't even remember what you sang.








Karen
Here is the shocking, cold truth. I actually fell asleep during your song. Really. I have never done that in my American Idol history, which started with auditions back in season one. Not even when I was pregnant. Not a good sign.






Scotty
Not a perfect performance. There were some pitch issues and you hesitated sometimes--bringing some weakness to your song. But you are in my overall top five best for the season and I definitely think you did well enough to make it through. Just work through these jitters before things get really stiff. I voted for you, but wouldn't buy that performance on iTunes.




Naima
That totally shocked me! First, nice dancing. That was cool to see. You don't see dancing like that from Idol contestants. The singing wasn't perfect. I have to wonder how that will be received. I never would have pegged you for that kind of artist based on what you have sung in the past, so it will be interesting to see what your core fan base thinks and if this brings new people to your core. I would advice you to pick a genre you want to do and stick with it, because the wishy-washy never win.



So...my bottom three based on last night:

  1. Ashthon
  2. James
  3. Karen or Stefano. I know that is lame cheating, but that is what I am doing.
My top three based on last night:
  1. Pia
  2. Casey
  3. Thia or Lauren. Again, I know, lame cheating, but my blog, so my rules. James really could be there, too.
The rest:
  1. Scotty
  2. Haley
  3. Naima
  4. Paul



Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails