Friday, March 12, 2010

Dear Alex: I'm Sad


Dear Alex,

I really hated to see you go last night. I am frankly in total shock about it. You were one of my top two guys and I had no worries about your safety. I voted for you a few times Wednesday night, but felt sure you were fine so I went on with my business.

You have to know you are good enough to be in the top 12. I fully expected to see you all the way to the top 3 at least. I have no idea what happened. I don't know if your fans were like me and not worried? I don't know if Vote For The Worst has some responsibility here? I don't know if a million teenage girls had nothing better to do than sit and vote all night for a couple of teen boys who are not as good as you...by far...?

I don't know. I do know this is a huge shock. I think this is the biggest shock since Daughtry left on Season Five. But you never, ever expect someone as good as you to leave before the Top 12 at least.

I really, really hope that you don't stop trying. Don't take this as a sign that your music is not wanted. If you look at the history of American Idol winners, only 50% of them have done well (and this is assuming Kris Allen will continue to do well). I hope you come out with a record--I promise to buy it! I don't know what happened here and what could have been done to change it...I wish it was some story we could re-write. Please keep fighting. Please keep trying. You can do it! You have the talent for sure. Now you just need to match that with determination. Best of luck.

Sincerely,


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails