Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dear Top 11: My Reactions



Dear Top 11,

Oh man. Overall, last night was pretty much aweful. Pretty much. And you know what? It wasn't Miley that made it aweful (aside from the smacking of her gum with her mouth wide open all night). She was actually much better than I thought she would be. Do I think she qualifies as a "mentor"? No, but she could maybe be called "helper."


The show started with lots of jabbering among the judges and Ryan. I had to wonder what they were stalling for?

Then came the singing...

Lee:
You did really well. Your voice sounded good and it was technically great. You had some good stage presence. But I also thought it was very strange. You sang Jazz. I might be wrong, but my impression is that you would want to be a Rock singer, not a Jazz singer. Your "rock" fans aren't going to be all excited over a "jazz" performance. Imagine this as you choose your next song. Imagine you aren't in a singing competition and you are just going out on a stage and singing for people. What would you sing? If you could record a song, how would you do it? This is time to show us what we would get if we vote for you.

Paige:
Oh Paige. Okay, I liked the mix up of the melody (even though it wasn't your idea). But the singing was aweful. You just haven't sung well in so long. It really was painful to listen to. Really. I thought you might get through this week after that because I thought you would surely be the pick for Vote for the Worst...but you aen't.

Tim

This was not good. As I was watching it, I 100% had the image of Hairspray pop into my head. I was so happy Kara said something. Bad. The sliding was bad, the making yourself into some big superstar was bad. But you are the pick for Vote For The Worst, and you were better than Paige, so I think you will live to see another day. 


Aaron
This was really good. This was one of the best of the night. You did really, really well.

Crystal:

This was good, also. I don't ever get excited over your performances because you just aren't my thing, but you are a good singer and defintely deserve to go far in this competition and in the industry.

Michael:

I thought this was really good, also. I absolutely love the song "When A Man Loves A Woman." Love it. You did well and I think the judges were harsh. But the thing is, while I was watching you I couldn't help but think of Ruben Studdard--winner of Season Two. That isn't really good. First of all, we already have a Ruben. Second of all, he hasn't done well in the real world.

Andrew:

Oh dear. This was not good. Not good at all. You were borderline bottom three. If I had watched for the first time last night, I would have thought you were aweful.

Katie:

Again, not good. The pitch was so off I was uncomfortable. You also swallow your sound a lot. I don't think you were the worst of the night, but definitely low.

Casey:

In the context of the show, this was good. It was actually one of my favorites by you. But Simon was right. It wasn' different. See my comments to Paige. You need to sing and choose songs like you would if you were doing a concert right now.

Didi

I thought you did a really good job. The judges were overly harsh on you. I really liked it. I thought it sounded current. You actually took the song and made it modern to our day. Loved it.

Siobhan:
Um, I didn't like it. Not really surprising because you are just not my style. At all. You have a good voice, but the screaming at the end of songs is grating on my nerves. Screaming a high note is not the same as singing a high note--even if you are attempting a rock edge. Not ao fan of that.

Okay, my bottom three are:

  1. Paige

  2. Tim

  3. Katie
My top three are:

  1. Crystal

  2. Aaron

  3. Michael
My middle pack are:

  1. Didi (close to making top three)

  2. Lee

  3. Casey

  4. Siobhan

  5. Andrew (close to making bottom three)
Sincerely,


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails