Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Producers: Huh?


Dear Producers (or to whom it may concern),

You know, if I were Lacey Brown right now, I would be thrilled that I didn't have to be "mentored" by Miley Cyrus. Huh? Miley Cyrus? A mentor?

Okay. My degree is in English. I thought I knew what "mentor" meant, but you threw me for a loop. So I pulled out my Oxford American Dictionary, flipped to the "Ms", and found the word "mentor."

Ahem.

Noun. An experienced and trusted adviser...an experienced person...who trains and counsels...
Emphasis mine.

Okay. Let's look at this realistically. Noun. Yep. She got that. She is as noun. What about experienced and trusted? Is she qualified to train and counsel?

Sorry, but no. I am going to ignore the fact that Miley is sub-par. I think in order to train someone, you need to be good at it yourself...although I guess the saying goes, "those who can't do, teach."

I am just going to focus on the experience part. She is barely 17 years old. She has really been in the industry for about five years (if I am being lenient). Some of these contestants have been trying to break into the business longer than five years!

If you are looking for a female country singer, there are lots of people who would qualify as a mentor who could give sound advice. Let's see...Faith Hill? Reba McEntire? Wynonna Judd? Martina McBride? Trisha Yearwood? I would even take LeAnn Rimes or Shania Twain. I could go on and on. These women all have experience worthy of being trusted to train and counsel. I can't believe all of these people would have said no. Let's be real--Carrie Underwood has been doing this for about as long as Miley Cyrus! Couldn't you have pulled some Idol card to get her to do it?

This is verging on desperate--not only on your part, but hers. It was bad enough watching her "sing" last year, now I have to sit through her "counseling" these poor contestants? All I have to say is thank goodness for DVR.



Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails