Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Judges: Get Over It


Dear Judges,

I noticed you keep talking about Andrew Garcia's rendition of Straight Up. I was writing to tell you to get over it! Try to look past the past and look at the moment. If you do, you will see that he is doing a great job. You might even notice that practically everyone loves him. Yes, he sang Straight Up. Yes, he did a great job.

But you know what? I still have that song from Fallout Boy in my head three weeks later. The song with Andrew singing it. He has real talent. He is a great singer. I don't need to hear some re-make of some song I thought was cool when I was in third grade to continue liking him.

You are all too hard on him. You seem to be judging people compared to themselves rather than each other. Now, that would be a nice thing to do if this weren't a competition. But it is. To tell Tim he was wonderful just because he was better than he has ever been, and yet he did very little creatively with the song, and then tell Andrew he wasn't very good because it still didn't give you the tingle you got with Straight Up, and yet he did lots with the song, is just getting really frustrating. Maybe you didn't like it as much as Straight Up, but you had to like it better than Hallelujah.

Please get over it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails