Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dear Usher: Thank You


Dear Usher,

While R&B is not my absolute favorite genre, I have always liked you, Usher. I have had your albums since your very first one way back in the day. But this letter isn't about that. It is about thanks.

Thank You! You know, as I watched last night, I thought, "Wow, R&B is a much better theme for these guys." Then I thought for a second and realized that made no sense. Last week was Billboard number ones. Those are great songs. The contestants, save one, were all the same...what was different? You! You are the different factor.

I think you gave advice to contestants that actually improved them. Three contestants in particular stood out to me. Katie was much improved. Andrew was back to Andrew. And Lee came out of his shell. Fabulous all around.

If I review the definition of mentor:
Noun. An experienced and trusted adviser...an experienced person...who trains and counsels...
I think you proved you can be trusted. You definitely have experience. And you were able to help and train as much as possible in that short amount of time.

As we were watching, my husband, who isn't a huge "music" person, commented that your comments were making him appreciate music more.

Thanks for a much improved night, Usher.

Sincerely,

Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails